Everest in Administration – What Consumers Need to Know

Author: - Posted On:

Everest in Administration – What Consumers Need to Know

Everest 2020 Limited trading as Everest, a well-known double glazing firm, has recently entered administration, leaving many consumers concerned about the status of their orders and their rights moving forward.

On 24th April 2024, Chris Farrington, Cameron Gunn and Lee Manning of ReSolve Advisory Limited were appointed as Joint Administrators of Everest 2020 Limited. To assist consumer enquiries, ReSolve has provided a dedicated website for information regarding the administration process: https://www.resolve-everest.co.uk/ 

02/05/2024 Update:

As written on the above webpage, ReSolve has made the following announcement,

“As of 2 May 2024, the joint administrators agreed a contract with Anglian Home Improvements to fulfil Everest 2020 Ltd customer orders.

Anglian will contact all Everest customers in the coming weeks to confirm details and arrange a visit to discuss the possible completion or fulfilment of orders.”

The contact details to discuss the above are as follows:

Phone: 0800 876 6810
Email: [email protected]

Consumer Advice

What Protection Do You Have?

As a consumer, understanding your rights and the available protection is essential during this uncertain period. Here’s what you need to know:

Deposit Protection/Insurance Backed Guarantee (IBG)

• Firstly, check your paperwork. IBGs and deposit protection could offer cover in the event your installer ceases to trade.
• If your installation was not registered with a deposit protection/IBG provider, you may not have the protection you assumed you had. However, alternative levels of consumer protection may still apply.

Payment Method and Your Rights

Credit Card:

• If you paid between £100 and £30,000 for your works with a credit card and you encounter issues with the product or workmanship, you are entitled to claim under Section 75 of the 1974 Consumer Credit Act (CCA) directly via your finance lender.
• Contact your credit card provider for assistance with your claim.


• If you financed your installation through a finance lender (not a personal loan), and you have issues with the product or workmanship, you can claim under Section 75 of the 1974 Consumer Credit Act (CCA) directly via your finance lender.
• If you believe you were mis-sold and you have evidence to prove mis-selling, you can make a claim via your finance lender under Section 56 of the 1974 Consumer Credit Act.
• Check your paperwork for your specific finance lender details and contact them directly.

Visa Debit:

• If you paid a deposit on your full installation in the last 120 days and the merchant has ceased trading, you can request a chargeback form your card provider.
• Chargeback is not a legal requirement but is part of the Scheme Rules subscribed to by participating banks. Contact your bank to discuss this option.

Cash Payment:

• Cash payments are the least protected form of payment. However, there may still be an avenue for protection.
• Check your insurance or guarantees.

Overall Recommendations:

• Always check your paperwork and verify any insurance policy directly with the provider.
• Wherever possible, pay a minimum of £100 on a credit card to protect yourself under the 1974 Consumer Credit Act.
• If you paid a deposit in the last 120 days using a Visa Debit card, you may be eligible for a chargeback via your bank.
• If you believe you have an IBG or Deposit Protection policy, ensure it was registered, and you have received your insurance certificate and documentation.

Navigating Everest’s administration can be daunting, but understanding your rights and available protections is crucial during this uncertain period. Stay informed and don’t hesitate to reach out for advice and support if needed.

Your internet browser is not supported with this website. Download a free, up-to-date browser here. ×